Monday 5 May 2014

Exporting, lighting and background problem




I have Improved the footage using a light tracer in the render settings before the footage was rendered out a bit over exposed without any shadows etc.




But as effective as the light tracer is, exporting scenes with the light tracer was a long and annoying process,  doing several tests to make sure it was working as i wanted it to, in the advance lighting settings I found I could speed up the export process by changing the sample spacing from 16x16 to 32 by 32 and subdivision setting to 200, which processed this scene shown in the screen shot a lot quicker.
I had to find a quicker solution because some of my scenes have more than 200 frames and with the light tracer that will take hours to export, so changing these settings I can export these scenes quicker whilst keeping the detail of the scenes with shadows etc.
 




With the light tracer taking a long time to export my video scenes, the scenes that had over 200 frames would be a nightmare so I tried other ways to get the video to look not so over exposed and not using a light tracer
Without finding a suitable or better light from 3ds max I used the same sky light as in my opinion was the best, but to solve the over exposed images when rendering I changed the sky light colour to a grey colour resulting in no over exposure in my video scene.


Example of over exposure footage:




Problems with the render not liking planes I use for a background sky, but a solution was  a box preset, that’s render-able, but sometimes the plane will render and other times it does not. 
 
Background sky render examples:




Without:
                                                    Shadowless, not very good footage.




With:
Looks more presentable, has shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment